No one likes to clean, especially the bathroom, but here is one recipe to help make that task a bit more bearable!
Prep time: minimal
- baking soda
- white vinegar
- disinfecting essential oil blend
Blend combinations are really of your choosing. You could mix lavender, lemongrass, rosemary and tea tree oils. Another combination might be eucalyptus, grapefruit, lime, lemon and lemongrass. I personally am choosing eucalyptus, lemon, and tea tree oils today.
- Place 1 cup of baking soda in a glass bowl.
- Add 50 drops of the essential oil blend into the baking soda.
- Blend the oils into the baking soda using a wooden spoon or a pestle.
- Put 2 TBSP of the mix into your toilet bowl.
- Pour 2 TBSP of white vinegar on top of it. It will fizz and foam as they combine.
- Scrub the toliet with your cleaning brush, as you normally would.
- Store leftover mix in a glass jar to save for next time.
I came across this recipe awhile ago on Growing Up Herbal by Megan Visser and adapted it a bit. It is simple, adaptable and works!
© Therapeutic Thymes, 2016